- Structural timber to be Scandinavian softwood from sustainable sources graded to comply with our consulting engineers requirements.
- Timber treated with preservative in accordance with BS 5268 Part 5 1976 to comply with current Building Regulation requirements.
- Sheathing to be 9mm thick OSB (orientated strand board).
- Structural fixings to be rust proofed.
- All timber and wood based products on this contract will be FSC/PEFC certified.
- Manufactured in panels 2400mm nom high 50 x 150mm finished (38 x 140mm stud at 600mm max centres clad with 9mm OSB sheathing).
- Breather membrane to BS4016 1966 pre-fixed to panels at works with nylon tape to indicate stud positions. The breather membrane will be extended at the sides and bottom of panels to form sufficient laps
- Apertures in panels have lintels and cripple studs as specified by our engineer.
- Manufactured as panels 2400mm nom high 38 x 89mm stud at 600mm max centres with restraining noggins as required. Apertures formed as required with all necessary lintels and cripple studs incorporated in panels.
- When walls occur along the central axis of the unit they will be manufactured No.2 x 38x50mm studs walls joined together allowing for separation.
PLASTERBOARD SUPPORTS AND ADDITIONAL STUDS
- Additional noggins or studs pre-fixed in panels to provide support for plasterboard at all junctions.
- All necessary additional support studs (below trimmers, beams etc) pre-fixed in panels and marked for precise location on site.
- Manufactured as external or internal walls to match roof profile.
CHASSIS AND FLOOR
- NORMAL DOMESTIC LOADING
- The floor will be constructed using a primary chassis (to each half of the structure) comprising Glulam beams that will be pre-drilled for connection on site.
- The secondary floor construction will be 18mm OSB chipboard supported by 50 x 150 joists at 600mm max. centres.
- Insulation in the floor zone will be provided by 75mm Kingspan (or similar) insulation with reflective foil held in place by 25x40mm battens.
- The roof construction will comprise 45x150mm Roof Joists supported by a composite glulam ridge beam. 11mm OSB deck. Felt and Batten.
- 32 x 200 PSE softwood fascia
- 32 x 150 softwood bargeboard
- Metro Light Composite Stone Coated Steel Roof Tiles. Fitted. Black.
- Stainless Steel Rainwater Goods.
FIXINGS AND SUNDRY MATERIALS
- All necessary nails, bolts, connectors and fixings provided.
- PVA adhesive provided for tongues on chipboard floors.
- The roof will be insulated with 150mm Glass-wool insulation.
- The floors will be insulated with 75mm Kingspan insulation (as above).
- External walls will be insulated with 150mm Glass-wool insulation.
- Internal walls will be insulated with 100mm Glass-wool insulation.
- 12mm foil back plasterboard, Fitted.
- 12mm Moisture resistant plasterboard for bathrooms.
- Tape and Joint finish throughout.
- Decoration in Dulux Paint colour of choice.
- 1st and 2nd Fix Electrics.
- Supply and connect 17th edition consumer unit to current regulations.
- Supply wire and fit 18x twin sockets (white).
- Supply wire and fit 6 x single sockets (white).
- Supply wire and fit 2 x bathroom extract fans.
- Supply wire and fit in 2 x Kitchen area 4 x Twin sockets, 4 x spurs, 1x cooker controller to kitchen.
- Supply wire and fit 30 x ceiling down lights (white).
- Wire for no. 2 x outside lights.
- 1st and 2nd Fix Plumbing.
- Supply and fit combination boiler.
- Local connection of Soil Pipes/Vents.
- Supply and fit 8 x Radiators in White.
- Supply wire and fit 2 x oil filled towel radiators to bathrooms (wall mounted chrome finish).
- Bathroom cold feed to toilet. Hot and Cold to Hand Basin. Hot and Cold to Bath Mixer Taps.
- En-suite cold feed to toilet. Hot and Cold to Hand Basin. Hot and Cold to Bath Mixer Taps. Hot and Cold for overhead shower.
- The building will be clad externally with planed 25mm thick T&G Siberian Larch.
WINDOW AND DOORS
- Fitted External Windows and doors as per drawing GL1012-1
- Factory Painted, Double Glazed, Timber Windows (15year guarantee on paint finish). Choice of colour.
- Ten Year Warranty all windows/doors (under 180cms wide).
- 100% Wool Carpet in Bedrooms and Hall.
- Oak Veneered Engineered Flooring in Living Room.
- Travertine Floor Tiles in Kitchen Area.
TOILET AND BATHROOMS
- Toilets, Shower Unit, Bath and Sinks, Standard White (TBC)
- Tiled Floor and Half Tiled Walls, Splash Back and Surrounds.
KITCHEN – PC SUM £4000 each
- 2 x Fully Fitted Kitchen From Howdens Range.
- Cooker, Hob, Fridge/Freezer, Sink.
- MDF Skirting and Doors Surrounds Painted White.
- Oak Veneered Internal Doors with Chrome Handles.
- Frosted Glass Sliding Door between Living Room / Kitchen.
DRAWINGS AND ENGINEERING
- 3 full sets of drawings; floor plan, four side elevations and profile.