To Design, Manufacture, Erect and Externally Finish 22FT x 62FT (19 x 6.7M) Residential Timber Frame Building as per attached Specification and drawing GL1006-1-3
- Structural timber to be Scandinavian softwood from sustainable sources graded to comply with our consulting engineers requirements.
- Timber treated with preservative in accordance with BS 5268 Part 5 1976 to comply with current Building Regulation requirements.
- Sheathing to be 9mm thick OSB (orientated strand board).
- Structural fixings to be rust proofed.
- All timber and wood based products on this contract will be FSC/PEFC certified.
- Manufactured in panels 2400mm nom high 50 x 150mm finished (38 x 140mm stud at 600mm max centres clad with 9mm OSB sheathing).
- Breather membrane to BS4016 1966 pre-fixed to panels at works with nylon tape to indicate stud positions. The breather membrane will be extended at the sides and bottom of panels to form sufficient laps
- Apertures in panels have lintels and cripple studs as specified by our engineer.
- Manufactured as panels 2400mm nom high 38 x 89mm stud at 600mm max centres with restraining noggins as required. Apertures formed as required with all necessary lintels and cripple studs incorporated in panels.
- When walls occur along the central axis of the unit they will be manufactured No.2 x 38 x 89mm studs walls joined together allowing for separation. If these are load-bearing partitions they may be clad internally with 9mmOSB subject to Engineering appraisal.
PLASTERBOARD SUPPORTS AND ADDITIONAL STUDS
- Additional noggins or studs pre-fixed in panels to provide support for plasterboard at all junctions.
- All necessary additional support studs (below trimmers, beams etc) pre-fixed in panels and marked for precise location on site.
- Manufactured as external or internal walls to match roof profile.
CHASSIS AND FLOOR
- NORMAL DOMESTIC LOADING
- The floor will be constructed using a primary chassis (to each half of the structure) comprising 220mm Timber beams that will be pre-drilled for connection on site.
- The secondary floor construction will be 18mm OSB chipboard supported by 45x 195 joists at 400mm max. centres with 9mmOSB underneath. 177mm total depth.
- Insulation in the floor zone will be provided by 100mm Kingspan (or similar) insulation with reflective foil.
ROOF COMPONENTS AND FINISH
- The roof construction will comprise 45x145mm Rafters supported by a composite Glulam ridge beam. 15mm OSB Sarking Board. Felt and Batten.
- 32 x 200 PSE softwood fascia
- 32 x 150 softwood bargeboard
- Soffit in matching Larch Cladding.
- Felt and Batten Roof. Supply and Fit Cambrian Slate Tiles.
FIXINGS AND SUNDRY MATERIALS
- All necessary nails, bolts, connectors and fixings provided.
- PVA adhesive provided for tongues on chipboard floors.
- The roof will be insulated with 150mm Glass-wool insulation.
- The floors will be insulated with 150mm Glass-wool insulation.
- External walls will be insulated with 150mm Glass-wool insulation.
- Internal walls will be insulated with 100mm Glass-wool insulation.
- 12mm foil back plasterboard, Fitted.
- 12mm Moisture resistant plasterboard for bathrooms.
- Tape and Joint finish throughout.
- Decoration in Dulux Paint colour of choice.
- 1st and 2nd Fix Electrics.
- Supply and connect 17th edition consumer unit to current regulations.
- Supply wire and fit 18x twin sockets (Chrome).
- Supply wire and fit 6 x single sockets (Chrome).
- Supply wire and fit 2 x bathroom extract fans.
- Supply wire and fit in Kitchen area 4 x Twin sockets, 4 x spurs, 1x cooker controller to kitchen.
- Supply wire and fit 30 x ceiling spot lights (Chrome).
- Wire for no. 2 x outside lights.
- 1st and 2nd Fix Plumbing.
- Supply and fit combination boiler.
- Local connection of Soil Pipes/Vents.
- Supply and fit 8 x Radiators in White.
- Supply wire and fit 2 x oil filled towel radiators to bathrooms (wall mounted chrome finish).
- Bathroom cold feed to toilet. Hot and Cold to Hand Basin. Hot and Cold to Bath Mixer Taps.
- En-suite and Cloakroom toiler: cold feed to toilet. Hot and Cold to Hand Basin. Hot and Cold to Bath Mixer Taps. Hot and Cold for overhead shower.
- The building will be clad externally with planed 19mm thick T&G Siberian Larch.
WINDOW AND DOORS EXTERNAL
- Fitted External Windows and doors as per drawing GL1008-3-1
- Aluminum Clad Timber Windows from Rationel.
- Ten Year Warranty all windows/doors (under 180cms wide).
- Sky Light Window in Kitchen (fixed).
- 100% Wool Carpet in Bedrooms and Hall.
- Oak Veneered Engineered Flooring in Living Room.
- Travertine Floor Tiles in Kitchen Area.
TOILET AND BATHROOMS
- Toilets, Shower Unit, Bath and Sinks, Standard White (TBC)
- Tiled Floor and Half Tiled Walls, Splash Back and Surrounds.
- 1x Master Bathroom 1x En Suite 1x Cloakroom Toilet
KITCHEN – PC SUM £5000
- Fully Fitted Kitchen From Howdens Range.
- Cooker, Hob, Fridge/Freezer EXCLUDED.
- Sink and Taps.
- MDF Skirting and Doors Surrounds Painted White.
- Oak Veneered Internal Doors with Chrome Handles.
- Double Opening Door between Living Room / Kitchen.
DRAWINGS AND ENGINEERING
- 3 full sets of drawings; floor plan, four side elevations and profile.
- The structure has been designed with the client to accordance with the definition of a Caravan/Mobile Home, in that it has been designed to stand in two self-supporting sections, separately constructed, that can be transported off-site, In that: (a) the central ridge beam is manufactured in two separate length joint together by means of bolts and clamps (b) centrally running partition walls are made from 2 x unconnected panels allowing separation (c) incorporates 2 x specially constructed timber floor cassettes/chassis manufactured to allow lifting of the structure with crane and cradle or movement of the structure with a temporary wheeled chassis.
- The structure will remain unconnected to the slab/base.
- 3rd Party Structural Engineers Calculation Report. Demonstrates supplied structure can be re-located.
SCOPE OF WORKS
- Delivery and Erection of the Structural Shell.
- Supply and Fit Larch Cladding.
- Supply and Fit Roof Tiles and Rainwater Goods.
- 1st and 2nd Fix Electrics.
- 1st and 2nd Fix Plumbing.
- Supply and fit all Insulation and Internal Boarding. Tape and Joint. Decoration.
- Supply and Fit Kitchen.
- Supply and Fit Internal Carpentry.