- Structural timber to be Scandinavian softwood from sustainable sources graded to comply with our consulting engineers requirements.
- Timber treated with preservative in accordance with BS 5268 Part 5 1976 to comply with current Building Regulation requirements.
- Sheathing to be 9mm thick OSB (orientated strand board).
- Structural fixings to be rust proofed.
- All timber and wood based products on this contract will be FSC/PEFC certified.
- Manufactured in panels 2400mm nom high 50 x 150mm finished (38 x 140mm stud at 600mm max centres clad with 9mm OSB sheathing).
- Breather membrane to BS4016 1966 pre-fixed to panels at works with nylon tape to indicate stud positions. The breather membrane will be extended at the sides and bottom of panels to form sufficient laps
- Apertures in panels have lintels and cripple studs as specified by our engineer.
- Manufactured as panels 2400mm nom high 38 x 89mm stud at 600mm max centres with restraining noggins as required. Apertures formed as required with all necessary lintels and cripple studs incorporated in panels.
- When walls occur along the central axis of the unit they will be manufactured No.2 x 38x50mm studs walls joined together allowing for separation.
PLASTERBOARD SUPPORTS AND ADDITIONAL STUDS
- Additional noggins or studs pre-fixed in panels to provide support for plasterboard at all junctions.
- All necessary additional support studs (below trimmers, beams etc) pre-fixed in panels and marked for precise location on site.
- Manufactured as external or internal walls to match roof profile.
CHASSIS AND FLOOR
- NORMAL DOMESTIC LOADING
- Timber Chassis Construction. Primary chassis (to each half of the structure) comprising 135mmx220mm Timber Beams. Bolted to allow separation.
- The secondary floor construction will be 22mm OSB chipboard supported by 45 x 195 joists at 400mm max. centres with 9mm OSB sheathing underneath.
- Insulation in the floor zone will be provided by 150mm Glass-wool insulation.
- The roof construction will comprise 45x145mm Roof Joists supported by a composite Glulam ridge beam in 2x Halves 86x225mm. 15mm OSB deck. Felt and Batten.
- 32 x 200 PSE softwood fascia
- 32 x 150 softwood bargeboard
- Metro Light Composite Stone Coated Steel Roof Tiles. Fitted. Black.
- UPVC Rainwater Goods.
FIXINGS AND SUNDRY MATERIALS
- All necessary nails, bolts, connectors and fixings provided.
- PVA adhesive provided for tongues on chipboard floors.
- The roof will be insulated with 150mm Glass-wool insulation.
- The floors will be insulated with 150mm Glass-wool insulation.
- External walls will be insulated with 150mm Glass-wool insulation.
- Internal walls will be insulated with 100mm Glass-wool insulation.
- 12mm foil back plasterboard, Fitted.
- 12mm Moisture resistant plasterboard for bathrooms.
- Tape and Joint finish throughout.
- Decoration in Dulux Paint colour of choice (EXCLUDED).
- 1st and 2nd Fix Electrics.
- Supply and connect 17th edition consumer unit to current regulations.
- Supply wire and fit 10x twin sockets (white).
- Supply wire and fit 6 x single sockets (white).
- Supply wire and fit 1 x bathroom extract fans.
- Supply wire and fit in 1 x Kitchen area 4 x Twin sockets, 4 x spurs, 1x cooker controller to kitchen.
- Supply wire and fit 30 x ceiling down lights (white).
- Wire for no. 2 x outside lights.
- 6 x Electric Radiators with individual thermostats.
- 1st and 2nd Fix Plumbing.
- Supply and fit combination boiler.
- Local connection of Soil Pipes/Vents.
- Supply wire and fit 1 x oil filled towel radiator to bathrooms (wall mounted chrome finish).
- Bathroom cold feed to toilet. Hot and Cold to Hand Basin. Hot and Cold to Bath Mixer Taps.
- The building will be clad externally with planed 19mm thick T&G Siberian Larch.
WINDOW AND DOORS
- Fitted External Windows and Doors as per drawing GL1017-2.2
- Double Glazed Factory Painted Softwood Timber Windows and Doors.
- Ten Year Warranty all windows/doors (under 180cms wide).
- Oak Veneered Engineered Flooring Throughout.
TOILET AND BATHROOMS
- Wet Room / Toilet – Tiled Floor and Tiled Walls, Tray (excluding tiling)
- MDF Skirting and Doors Surrounds Painted White.
- Oak Veneered Internal Doors with Chrome Handles.
DRAWINGS AND ENGINEERING
- 3 full sets of drawings; floor plan, four side elevations and profile.
- The structure has been designed with the client to accordance with the definition of a Caravan/Mobile Home, in that it has been designed to stand in two self-supporting sections, separately constructed, that can be transported off-site, In that: (a) the central ridge beam is manufactured in two separate length joint together by means of bolts and clamps (b) centrally running partition walls are made from 2 x unconnected panels allowing separation (c) incorporates 2 x specially constructed timber floor cassettes/chassis manufactured to allow lifting of the structure with crane and cradle or movement of the structure with a temporary wheeled chassis.
- The structure will remain unconnected to the slab/base.
- 3rd Party Structural Engineers Calculation Report. Demonstrates supplied structure can be re-located.