- Structural timber to be Scandinavian softwood from sustainable sources graded to comply with our consulting engineers requirements.
- Timber treated with preservative in accordance with BS 5268 Part 5 1976 to comply with current Building Regulation requirements.
- Sheathing to be 9mm thick OSB (orientated strand board).
- Structural fixings to be rust proofed.
- All timber and wood based products on this contract will be FSC/PEFC certified.
- Manufactured in panels 2400mm nom high 50 x 150mm finished (38 x 140mm stud at 600mm max centres clad with 9mm OSB sheathing).
- Breather membrane to BS4016 1966 pre-fixed to panels at works with nylon tape to indicate stud positions. The breather membrane will be extended at the sides and bottom of panels to form sufficient laps
- Apertures in panels have lintels and cripple studs as specified by our engineer.
- Manufactured as panels 2400mm nom high 38 x 89mm stud at 600mm max centres with restraining noggins as required. Apertures formed as required with all necessary lintels and cripple studs incorporated in panels.
- When walls occur along the central axis of the unit they will be manufactured No.2 x 38x50mm studs walls joined together allowing for separation.
PLASTERBOARD SUPPORTS AND ADDITIONAL STUDS
- Additional noggins or studs pre-fixed in panels to provide support for plasterboard at all junctions.
- All necessary additional support studs (below trimmers, beams etc) pre-fixed in panels and marked for precise location on site.
- Manufactured as external or internal walls to match roof profile.
CHASSIS AND FLOOR
- NORMAL DOMESTIC LOADING
- Timber Chassis Construction. Primary chassis (to each half of the structure) comprising 135mmx220mm Timber Beam. Bolted to allow separation.
- The secondary floor construction will be 22mm OSB chipboard supported by 45 x 195 joists at 600mm max. centres with 9mm OSB sheathing underneath.
- Insulation in the floor zone will be provided by 200mm Glass-wool Batts.
- The roof construction will comprise 45x145mm Roof Joists supported by a composite Glulam ridge beam in 2x Halves 86x225mm (minimum). Finished in 9mm OSB deck.
- Soffit 15mm WBP Ply
- Bargeboard EXCLUDED
- Felt and Batten EXCLUDED
FIXINGS AND SUNDRY MATERIALS
- All necessary nails, bolts, connectors and fixings provided.
- PVA adhesive provided for tongues on chipboard floors.
- Supply and Fit Larch Timber Cladding (Vertical) inc. battens.